Reporting to the Engineering VP, Simplicity Global Solutions is looking for ambitious Symfony/PHP Developers to build solutions for our fast-paced company. Our experienced leadership team is driving toward an expansive vision in the legal and financial technology sector and is seeking candidates who are self-starters with a passion for developing elegant, stable, efficient and testable code.
You will be
- a feature-smith, future proofing bugs, and authoring tests that elegantly simplify complexities
- relentlessly seeking automation in tools for code review, code analysis and CI/CD purposes
- a presence that other developers want to be mentored by
- an engaging code reviewer that makes the team want to be better
- a leader by example in daily stand ups
- continuously seeking learning and improvement
Applying for jobs and reviewing applications is time consuming work. We are looking for highly skilled individuals for this position. We don’t want to waste your time but are looking for something specific here. We want to meet you if you think you meet the criteria but because reviewing applications is a complex process we’re going to give you detailed information regarding what we’re specifically looking for in a resume. Without these we won’t likely reach out because we didn’t find them.
Skills required for an interview
- 5-10 years Symfony experience or 10+ years PHP experience
- Good understanding of design principals like SOLID.
- Good to expert level understanding of PHPUnit
- Knowledge of static analysis tools such as phpstan, psalm and other code quality
- Understanding of code quality metrics – i.e. CRAP scores, Cyclomatic and N-Path complexity
- Some architectural design experience – DDD, Hexagonal, etc
- Good to expert level git – you can easily use rebase, cherry-pick or merge and understand what is happening to the source tree for each
What we are hoping to confirm and explore in an interview
- You are confident with your existing skill set and open to continuous learning
- You demonstrate initiative to identify potential challenges, issues and areas for improvement
- You have strong oral, listening and written communication skills; we focus on team collaboration
- You work well independently and within a collaborative team environment
- You have the ability and desire to mentor and receive mentorship
Our code base includes
- PHP and Symfony
All candidates must be currently eligible to work in Canada.
Simplicity Global Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and while we thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply, please send your Resume/CV, Cover Letter by email to: email@example.com